People get attached to things, places, other people, bands, bands’ members and song lyrics. Music is known to be comforting in certain situations and it has the power to change our moods. Beatles tattoos are about that. They are about finding yourself in the music created by talented people. The Beatles are not just a band. They are a group of people who determined numerous individuals to take the artistic plunge and get a tattoo of them consisting of their faces, album covers or the lyrics from their songs.
Some of the band members have tattoos themselves, so taking this step might make some of you feel closer to them. Whether you’re thinking of tattooing their faces, some popular symbol that refers to them or song lyrics, you should base your decision on what you’re most connected to. As a fun fact, there is a font called the McCartney font. It looks somewhat mechanical, but also warm and versatile. You should look that up if it sounds interesting.
- 1 Beatles Tattoos
- 2 25. Let it be
- 3 24. Love is old, love is new
- 4 23. Take these broken wings…
- 5 22. A simple declaration of love
- 6 21. All you need is love
- 7 20. Outlining the four band members
- 8 19. Mushrooms, peace and the Beatles
- 9 18. Black silhouettes on foot
- 10 17. Tribute to the Beatles on ribs
- 11 16. John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr
- 12 15. Psychedelic music and a psychedelic tattoo
- 13 14. Art and achievement in one tattoo
- 14 13. Fantasy morality play
- 15 12. Psychedelic view over the submarine
- 16 11. The Beatles’ logo and the Yellow Submarine
- 17 10. The Yellow Submarine revamped in watercolors
- 18 9. Neo-traditional chest pieces with Beatles symbols
- 19 8. Finding meanings behind the obvious
- 20 7. From realism to abstract
- 21 6. Sleeves dedicated to the Beatles
- 22 5. The Abbey Road in black and gray
- 23 4. Famous signatures and a vinyl record
- 24 3. The world seen with different eyes
- 25 2. Full Beatles sleeve is all you need
- 26 1. The road to success
The Yellow Submarine and the Abbey Road are two of the most used references in Beatles tattoos. Fans thought they were representative or they marked them somehow during their lives.
25. Let it be
A small tattoo consisting of the lyrics “let it be” is among the common Beatles tattoos. This woman chose to place it in the middle of her upper back. The whole idea of this song is to give yourself a break and let situations work themselves out. Things happen as they happen and allowing them to fall into place will save you a lot of trouble and over-thinking.
24. Love is old, love is new
Another quote from the Beatles’ song “Because”, it was nicely fitted on a girl’s wrist. She added a small, pink heart that is clearly related to love. Not the most original design of all, but probably one that means a lot. In order to show appreciation, you can go for symbolic tats.
Limited Time Offer (click photo)
23. Take these broken wings…
…and learn to fly. This quote comes from the song called Blackbird. The chosen font is not really cursive nor belongs to one of the band’s members. Even so, it looks great on one’s forearm, next to the three black birds that mimic flying away. The reason why someone would permanently ink this message in their skin is because it is motivational and may lift their spirits just by looking at it.
22. A simple declaration of love
This logo was designed by Ivor Arbiter. He wasn’t a professional drawer, but he had a lot of connections in the music world. He was an instrument retailer who also became a designer. His work turned from a sketch to a worldwide known symbol and took the form of Beatles tattoos on countless human bodies.
21. All you need is love
This quote represents the life that many people plan on living. That’s why the Beatles are still present in our playlists. The tattoo itself is beautifully decorated and feminine. The location is also flattering, although quite painful for a tattoo consisting of thin lines and lettering.
20. Outlining the four band members
19. Mushrooms, peace and the Beatles
18. Black silhouettes on foot
17. Tribute to the Beatles on ribs
Beatles tattoos are placed in the most unusual places. There is no rule regarding that. On ribs, the silhouettes of the four members look like they really belong and sort of animate an area of the body that is often hidden from the public eye. Compared to a rib tattoo consisting of multiple lines, this one is less painful because it includes lots of shading.
16. John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr
John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr are represented without eyes. Since their breakup in 1970s, people tried to cope in their own unique ways. As you probably know, only two members of the Beatles are still alive. I think it’s incredible how these tattoos portray them so good with the use of a few simple lines.
15. Psychedelic music and a psychedelic tattoo
14. Art and achievement in one tattoo
13. Fantasy morality play
Misunderstood during their time, the Beatles left countless Beatles tattoos under the shape of a Yellow Submarine. As you know, they made a cartoon movie called the Yellow Submarine that presented it much like this tattoo does. Simplistic due to the chosen area, it is a symbol that can’t be overlooked.
12. Psychedelic view over the submarine
The visual style promoted in the Yellow Submarine was considered innovative. The film as a whole was appreciated for humor and, of course, music. Since amazing music is combined with appealing visuals, it’s almost impossible not to express it in tattoos as well. The style is cartoonish as the colors very vivid.
11. The Beatles’ logo and the Yellow Submarine
10. The Yellow Submarine revamped in watercolors
9. Neo-traditional chest pieces with Beatles symbols
8. Finding meanings behind the obvious
7. From realism to abstract
6. Sleeves dedicated to the Beatles
5. The Abbey Road in black and gray
4. Famous signatures and a vinyl record
You are not the proud owner of an original signature from one of the Beatles’ members? No problem! You can still get a tattoo of them as if they were especially for you and choose the exact place, color and size you want. Customized celebrity signatures aren’t something you can say no to!
3. The world seen with different eyes
2. Full Beatles sleeve is all you need
1. The road to success
The Abbey Road was a huge success and it makes an amazing idea for numerous Beatles tattoos. However, it wasn’t enough for the band members to stay together. They wanted to come up with something original and they did. Sadly, it didn’t last long. Her black tattoo definitely will, though.